Technology Product Advisor
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries.
WesTrac’s vision is to be the Customers First Choice in Equipment Management Solutions. To achieve this, we put safety first and have the right people in the right roles.
About the opportunity:
We are seeking Technology Product Advisors (TPA) to join the South Guildford team and be based on site in the Pilbara on an 8/6 roster. The Product team are responsible for the Technical Support and customer management of the Technology Product suite. As the TPA, you will be responsible for supporting site on our suite of Caterpillar and WesTrac technology products including autonomous haulage system. You will be accountable for providing advice and assistance during configuration and upgrades on the product and participate in site improvement projects involving technology.
Other accountabilities include:
- Provide site support greenfield deployments and upgrades for autonomous haulage sites.
- Ownership of all aspects of the on-board installations and configurations for technology assests.
- Perform investigations and provide advice on the performance to drive continuous improvement of the technology products
- Provide technical support to operations and maintenance customers who utilise on-board hardware and/or software & various radio technologies
- Submit incident and problem information to Caterpillar and other manufacturers as required
- Be the first point of contact for technology-based customer requests.
- Ensure customers are successful in the maintenance, repair, operation and utilisation of these technology products
Why is this role right for you?
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within the mining or other heavy industry technology sector. Possess a trade certificate or engineering qualification in Communications / Electronics / Industrial / Auto Electrical / Electrical or similar field. You will have excellent communication skills, fault finding and diagnostics skills, an interest in business and process improvement, and ability to work within teams and autonomously with minimal supervision. You will enjoy working with some of Australia’s industry leaders and be part of a team who is pushing the forefront of technology within the mining sector.
Understanding of Caterpillar MineStar or similar products and their application in the mining environment is highly desirable as is an understanding of improvement principles. Training options are available within WesTrac, and successful candidates will have opportunity to undertake this training.
Benefits we can offer you:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted health insurance
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend