Field Service Plant Mechanic: Kununurra | FIFO or residential
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - fixed term
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac is an equipment solutions company and one of the world's leading Caterpillar Dealerships. Operating in NSW, ACT and WA, we supply equipment solutions to thousands of customers across the mining, construction, transport, forestry, agriculture and power generation sectors.
About the role
- Expressions of interest; 2/1 FIFO ex Perth or residential
- 10.5 hours per shift inclusive of a 30 minute unpaid meal break
- 12 month fixed term contract
Located on the eastern edge of the Kimberley region, Kununurra is spoilt with many natural attractions including gorges, ranges, cliffs and lakes such as the infamous Lake Argyle. Spend your R&R exploring amazing gorges and swimming holes – what a great way to immerse yourself and experience what the Kimberly has to offer!
Armed with a field service ute, you will be required to visit customer sites to not only diagnose and repair Caterpillar equipment, but also complete warranty repair work and reports. Reporting to the Field Service Supervisor, you will be responsible for identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on customer equipment in the Kununurra area. This position will require you to provide technical support as an advisor on maintenance and technical issues, undertake regular equipment inspections and prove recommendations for appropriate actions as a result of findings.
You will also be required to have sound customer relations and interpersonal skills and the ability to work completely unsupervised. Your responsibilities will also include;
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
- Deliver first class customer service
- Ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work flexible rosters and hours at short notice
This position will initially be for a 12 month fixed term contract
You will be required to have;
- Australian recognised trade qualification in Plant Mechanic (heavy duty)
- Previous post trade Caterpillar experience in a field service environment
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Valid C class licence
- High Risk Work Licence (i.e. LF, DG, RG, EWP)
- DTEC (Gravel Roads Training)
- Familiarity with service literature
We value our people and love to reward and recognise each employee’s contribution. WesTrac offers a competitive remuneration package with several benefits and non-financial rewards to help make everyday life a little more comfortable
- A rewarding career with diverse opportunities
- Uniforms and PPE provided (laundered)
- Overtime available when required
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competency based annual pay increases
- Ongoing training and support
- Wellness Program
At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
NB: WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend