Leading Hand Plant Mechanic : Newman | FIFO or Residential
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - fixed term
- Newman, Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory with award winning support across the mining, construction and transport industries. WesTrac’s vision is to be the Customers First Choice in Equipment Management Solutions. To achieve this, we put safety first and have the right people in the right roles
About the role
Reporting to the workshop supervisor, the successful applicant will be responsible for the hands on supervision of as well as carrying out mechanical repairs and maintenance to equipment brought into the branch. In addition to providing leadership to the workshop team, you will also be responsible for carrying out repairs, maintenance and servicing on Caterpillar equipment, carry out warranty repair work, product improvement plans and product support programs.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to;
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Maintaining safe work practices and a safe work environment
The role will require you to have;
- Australian Recognised Heavy Duty Mechanical Trade Qualification with a minimum of 3 - 5 years post trade experience
- At least 12 months experience in a leadership role, or ability to demonstrate strong leadership strengths
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Sound knowledge of Caterpillar literature and work order systems
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
It is desirable for you to have;
- High risk licences
- HR drivers licence
This is a Permanent role, working a 2/1 FIFO or residential roster.
What we can offer you:
WesTrac offers competitive remuneration packages and many other benefits which include:
- Salary sacrificing options i.e. airline membership, motor vehicle etc.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Income Protection Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Discounted CAT products
- Wellness Program
- Partner Discount network
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Further education assistance
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted health insurance
At WesTrac our primary focus is our people. We know that our success is the result of more than 3,000 talented people working together to achieve amazing outcomes. Now, as we look to the future and our goal of becoming the first choice in equipment solutions, we're more focused than ever on harnessing the best talent for our business.
NB: WesTrac recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace. We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend