Field Service Heavy Duty Fitter - Tom Price
- Job number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - full time
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Tom Price
- Operational Support Services
WesTrac is looking at another hugely successful year in 2020 with upcoming major projects in the pipeline. As a result of this recent growth, we have a Permanent opportunity for a Field Service Heavy Duty Fitter to join our team in Tom Price.
About the role
WesTrac have opportunities for Field Service Heavy Duty Fitters working out of our Tom Price branch. Find that work life balance on a 2/1, 2/2 or 12/9 FIFO (ex Perth).
This role will support an anticipated are of growth in 2020 in the area. This position will require the successful candidates to provide technical support as an advisor on maintenance and technical issues, undertake regular equipment inspections and prove recommendations for appropriate actions as a result of findings. With an opportunity to deliver and support new Cat machine fleets diggers, trucks, drills and ancillary machines into Koodaideri.
- Live the Values - Leads by example everyday through actions, behaviours and decisions including compliance with WesTrac’s safety procedures, safe working practices and life- saving rules
- Carry out repairs, maintenance and servicing on a range of Caterpillar and Expanded Mining Product Equipment
- Identifying and recommending preventative maintenance on equipment
- Completion of in field diagnosis and repairs
- Completing warranty repair work and reports
- Manage work orders including ordering parts as required
- Carrying out Caterpillar product improvement plans and product support program
To be successful the following is required:
- Australian recognised Heavy-Duty Trade Certificate with a minimum of 5 years post trade experience in a field service environment
- Extensive diagnostic and fault-finding skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in an isolated and remote environment
- Ability to work and seek out work opportunities without continuous direct supervision
- Ability to work effectively within a team and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement principles
- Previous mechanical experience working on Caterpillar products
- Unrestricted LR Class Drivers Licence as a minimum
- Proficient in Caterpillar and Dealer systems – ET, VIMS, DBS, SIMSi
What we offer:
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Various roster types, lifestyle and family friendly
- Supportive work environment and career progression opportunities
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- Discounted CAT products
- Discounted health insurance
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend